Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

thumb-print cookies

So these cookies aren't exactly healthy but they are much better for you than normal cookies and HONESTLY they taste just as good. I originally wanted to make theses lemon squares from chocolate covered katie but I had some measurement problems so the lemon tasted really weird, but I really liked the crust. The second time around instead of lemon squares I wanted to make mini lemon tarts, I made the same recipe for the crusts (just doubled the ingredients and used half almond flour) but made them into little individual thumbprint cookies. They came out even better as cookies!
I filled these cookies with a lemon curd ( no butter but not healthy ) from a barefoot contessa recipe.
They are so delicious.

These would also just make really good plain cookies. They taste like shortbread with a hint of almond.

Make these cookies and fill them with anything! (lemon curd, chocolate ganache, peanut butter, whipped cream and berries, jam)

(adapted from chocolatecoveredkatie)
makes about 18 cookies:

  • 2/3 cup white flour 
  • 2/3 cup almond flour/ meal (or just another 2/3 cup white flour)
  • 2/3 cup powdered sugar 
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 tbsp plus 4 tsp coconut oil 
  • 2 tbsp water
Preheat oven to 350 F. Put all ingredients in food processor and blend. 
Press into bottoms of muffin tins or roll pieces of crust into ball, flatten, then pinch up the sides to make little bowls about 1 inch each. Place on parchment paper (about an inch apart) and put in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until tops of cookies start to brown. Turn of oven and let cookies cool. 
Then Fill!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HI EVERYBODY!
Hello and welcome to FUN EASY HEALTHY
I started this blog because I love being healthy, and I like looking for new recipes that are first of all FUN, and second EASY, and I thought ' why not share them with you?'
So here it is... the best recipes from all around the web...
and if you find something you love, share it with us at dwolfly@gmail.com. I love finding new things!
Enjoy!